Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Big Whoops!

So this week has been busy planning yet another trip... But there is a glitch... I somehow missed the fact that we need visa's to get into India.  The flights are paid for, the hotels are paid for, I've done research on the things to do and see, we even have train tickets booked to get to Agra to see the Taj Mahal, but now I am unsure exactly what is going to happen.  They say it takes 5 business days to get our visa that we applied for on Monday.... and we fly out Friday morning.  I have no idea how I missed this as I am generally very thorough when I plan, I'm a bit of a control freak, I have antibiotics for just in case, we have photocopies of passports and visa's and letters from my employer, and health insurance, and trip insurance, I even have snack packs packed, and I had checked if I needed visas for all other locations, and was certain that I had checked for India not once, but twice.... But I was wrong.  Of course you need a visa to go to India!  It's India!  Anyways, we are tracking the progress online, and have written an email begging for it to be done on Thursday and asking if there is anything we can do... so stay tuned!  Another travel adventure.  (I think we'll get there, it just might not be until Tuesday next week instead of Friday, which would be a bummer, but life goes on and lessons are learned!)

No comments:

Post a Comment