Sunday, November 27, 2011

Feeling Festive!

So Lockey and I have a tradition of celebrating American Thanksgiving. It's a fun time of year, and it really kicks off the holiday season, which I love! Also since the first 2 years of our marriage were spent in Beeville, TX it was only natural to celebrate. And now we are lucky enough to spend time at Robert and Loni's cabin in MT so we feel like it's still legit to celebrate American Thanksgiving... And if I still haven't convinced you then I'll just throw it out there.... Lockey is an American citizen... (Dual... but for our purposes of celebrating American Thanksgiving we'll just say he's American). So I went to work and made a splendid (if I may say so myself) Thanksgivining dinner on Friday night. I can do magic w/ my hotplate!


We had Turkey pillows, w/ corn on the cob, cooked carrots, sweet potato casserole (although the sweet potatoes weren't orange, but they still tasted delish!), cheesy mashed potatoes, stuffing and cranberries!



During dinner we watched one of my favorite movies, (I love Christmas movies!) Serendipity. It was lovely this year, just like every other year!

After dinner and a movie, we walked down to the harbour, and I showed Lockey the lights on the ferry terminal high rises. There were also buildings across the harbour covered in lights. It was a bit nippy out, but we kept walking, until we found ourselves in a shopping area, w/ Christmas music, and Christmas trees.


I was feeling festive, and then we saw Starbucks. One of Lockey and I's pasttimes at Christmas is that we like to go to the Chapters, Starbucks and get a Peppermint White Hot Cocolate, and read little kid Christmas books to eachother in the little teacup. (We are very grown up...) Although there wasn't a bookstore around, we were still able to enjoy some Christmas cheer in a cup of gingerbread hot chocolate!
(They don't have our usual Christmas beverage, but I quite enjoyed my gingerbread hot chocolate!)

 

And to end our Thanksgiving evening we had some Pumpkin Cheesecake w/ white chocolate covered walnuts. It was a great evening and a good break from studying for finals for Locklyn. (Which I think he was thankful for....) And I am thankful for my husband studying so hard so that we can have a bright future!

1 comment:

  1. Guys, it sounds like you had the perfect Thanksgiving together. Cami, you are quite talented to be able to whip up such a delicious meal on just a hot plate. How did you manage to keep everything hot as you prepared each item on the menu? Good luck to you Lockey on your finals. We know that you'll rock it. Safe travels as you start the next and last phases of your journey. We can't wait to get updates when you've had chance. It will definitely be a different environment you will be going to, one with food that you know and more exciting times to be had. We love and miss you guys tons and can't wait to see you when you get home and give you both lots of hugs and kisses!!

    ReplyDelete