Saturday, October 15, 2011

P.S. Karaoke!

I can't believe I forgot to mention Karaoke!  Yesterday we also went to do Karaoke!  Now before you think I am too cool for school let me explain... Karaoke in Asia is different from North America. First off there is at least 2 karaoke places on each street, the most common being Big Echo.

And secondly you rent a room by the half hour, and hang out in your own private group.  So Lockey and I rented our room for a half an hour and tried to flip through the song book which was has big as a phone book w/ mostly Japanases written in it.



 We finally found something we recognized, it was a good start to our jam sesh.  Hakuna Matata.  We rocked it.  And then after much begging on my part we sang a Christmas song, and it went over SO well that that's what we continued to sing for the rest of our half hour.  Chestnuts roasting on an open fire....Jack Frost nippin at your nose.... and then we topped it off w/ a little Jingle Bells and a wipe down w/ our cold wet towels they give you.  All in all a funny experience, and we can now say that we have done Karaoke in Japan.

And of course we finished off the evening w/ out Mickey Dee's!  (They have a hot chocolate pastry in Japan that is killer!)

Random steps outside of an Anime company that we saw on our way back to the hotel

2 comments:

  1. Were you allowed to open your presents after all of those carols?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that cracked me up... Perhaps if I had held a bone up to my head and Lockey dressed as Mrs. Clause.... Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete